Fusion technology is a sample preparation technology which can be used for X-ray fluorescence (XRF) measurements. With it, a sample is dissolved into glass using a temperature of up to 1.250 °C, resulting in a perfectly homogeneous glass bead that offers the highest precision in sample preparation for XRF analysis. Fusion technology is used to improve precision over pressed powder technology.
With the VITRIOX ® series, available in different capacities, samples are fully automated processed sequentially.
System features are:
• Fully automatic cold to cold operation.
• Highest precision (ISO 29581-2 "expert performance") for all kinds of material
• Full microprocessor control with a storage for 10 different application settings
• High temperature control allows use of applications with variable temperature settings
• Works with all common flux mixtures
• Compatible with VULCAN gas fusion machine (no new calibration necessary)
• Monitoring of the casting dishes
• ICP Option
• Touch Display
• Lift bottom furnace
• Agitation by high speed rotation (250 rpm, bidirectional)
• Observation of the sample during fusion using a mirror
• Crucible holder and oven floor made from FLUXinert® ceramic
• Autosampler handles up to 6 samples automatically
• Modular upgradeable system to a total of 6 positions
• Optional: Extra position for continuous operation available (loading and unloading of samples during fusion program)
• Optional: Use of lids on the crucibles for volatile elements like F, Cl or S
• Optional: Oven ceiling made from FLUXinert®